March 27, 2009

You want me to do WHAT?

The Pensacola Quilters Guild is sponsoring a quilt challenge. The items pictured represent the contents of a little paper bag that I selected randomly. The challenge is to use at least three of the items in the bag to make a quilt somewhere between 12 inches and 40 inches. In diameter! Yes, it has to be a circle. Every bag is different, and they all contain some really way-out things. And just in case there are any thoughts of cheating, the contents of each bag were photographed before packaging. I shouldn't have been surprised because I was told that Ingrid Whitcher was largely responsible for organizing the challenge. She's one creative person -- you can see some of her work on her blog if you click HERE.

So I'm off now to see if I can create a small round quilt with "stuff" on it! (Come back later for pictures.) Have a great weekend!

No comments: