June 8, 2009

Fun Weekend

The Azalea City Quilters' Guild sponsored a quilt show in Mobile, Alabama this weekend. I worked (okay, okay -- played) at The Quilting Station's booth, signing copies of my book. I had so much fun hangin' out with Ellen (the shop owner), and Ren, Carolyn and Cathy (the shop cheerleaders). I neglected to get a picture of all of them in the booth, but I did get a couple of shots of the booth with customers. There were lots of beautiful quilt kits, Jelly Rolls, and fat quarter and half yard bundles.


And this display of Laurel Burch bags. I wanted all of them, especially the cats.

My mom, Linda, and my Aunt Bonnie came from Montgomery to visit, and I had sooooo much fun with them. My husband refers to them as Crazy 1 and Crazy 2. They're not really crazy -- they just like to have a good time. I snapped a picture of their arrival. They weren't very thrilled about it, but they got over it. I wish Crazy 3 could have been there, too.

I met Evelyn who owns The Traveling Quilt Boutique. She's from Montgomery, too. She tried to convince me that color is my friend. My quilts tend to be a little "quiet." Hers are bold and very colorful. She had some amazing quilts and fabrics in her booth, and I promised to try more exciting fabrics in some of my next projects.

I was so excited to see the Kudzu Girls from Kudzu Blossom Quilt Shop. Also from Montgomery. Must be a trend. Paula is on the left, and Sue -- I mean Janice -- is on the right. Janice reminds me so much of someone I know named Donna, so I've tried really hard to remember that her name is Sue. But it isn't. Her name is Janice. And she's probably really tired of being called Sue! They were so sweet to pose in their cute little aprons! And what a nice booth they had.

Hope your weekend was totally fun, too!

10 comments:

Sherri said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! Lots of great quilts! It must have been a lot of fun signing your book as well!

quiltmom anna said...

I love Evelyn's quilts - thanks for posting a link-- I hoped that she might have a blog but I didn't see that she did.
Her coin quilt looks just like one that I made for my husband- that was pretty amazing to see.
Regards from Western Canada,
Anna

Ren said...

Cheerleaders! Wow! Do you think Ellen will make us matching outfits for the next show? I had a great time also and am looking forward to taking your class in July at the Quilting Station.
Now about color, do you think Evelyn will come down here an teach us not to be afraid? I have seen her at two different shows and I could live in her booth.
Had a GREAT time with everyone!
Happy Stitching!
Ren

QuiltSue said...

Looks like you had fun. I hope you sold tons of books and didn't get writer's cramp autographing them all.

Dawn Heese said...

Looks like a great time. I never mind that kind of work.

Cheryl said...

Such hard work :-)!!! What wonderful quilts and great booths. The Crazy 1 & 2 look like a lot of fun!

Karmen said...

As the daughter of a woman (Linda Brannock) who makes "quiet" quilts, I strive to make my work as bright as possible, and yet it still ends up "quiet." Did your mother ever tell you something was "loud" and didn't mean it in a nice way? Beautiful work is still beautiful. I adore soft, quiet, cuddly quilts.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

LOOKS like fun was had by all!

Pieced Pastimes said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice compliment. The quilt show looks like it was a wonderful way to spend a day. And what fun to have your very own 'book signing'!

SueR said...

Quilt shows are always so much fun, and I'll bet you had a wonderful time meeting all your fans! I've worked with brights before but prefer more subdued--just like the ones in your book!