Deb over at A Quilting Journey bestowed this award on my blog a few days ago. I’m not sure exactly what it means, but it sounds fun, so I’m all over it. Be sure to go by and visit Deb – she has a wonderful blog. And I discovered that Deb and I have a few things in common: no broken bones, flying, soggy stuff, roller coasters, and Stevie Ray Vaughan (only I never got to see him perform). The rules as Deb explained them are:
- First, you have to tell your readers 10 things about you they may not already know, but are true.
- Second, you have to tag 10 people with the award.
- Third, you have to let the people you’ve given the award to know that they’ve received it.
- Finally, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you.
So here goes:
- Santa brought me a grown-up sewing machine for Christmas when I was 10.
- I don’t know how to cook. Fortunately for me, my husband does.
- I don’t use a cell phone. I own one, but it stays turned off, and in the bottom of my purse. When it occasionally rings, I look around to see where the noise is coming from.
- I snore.
- I have never Twittered.
- Lizards terrify me. I don’t like those little green frogs much, either. Let’s just go ahead and say that any creature able to cling to a vertical surface makes me scream like a twelve-year-old girl.
- I hate shopping. Seriously.
- I attract stray cats.
- Brown is my favorite color. Or so I’ve been told.
- I don’t know if I’m tone deaf, but when I sing, dogs howl. Okay, they don’t howl. They probably would if they were within earshot.
Even though I haven’t been blogging very long, I’ve stumbled upon lots of blogs that I enjoy reading, and I’d like to present the Honest Scrap Award to these guys. If you haven’t visited them before, stop by and tell them I said hello!
- A Quilter Awakens
- Cats on My Quilts
- Cornfield Quilter
- Humble Quilts
- North Winds Quilting
- Polka Dots and Rick Rack
- Quilt Hollow
- Quilts and a Mug
- Want to “Bee” Quilting
I would have tagged others, but I noticed they had already been tagged. And I didn’t want to double-tag. I hope I haven’t done that. Wonder what happens if you receive too many Honest Scrap Awards?
Hope you’re having a good week.