June 29, 2009

Honest Scrap

honest_scrap_award

Deb over at A Quilting Journey bestowed this award on my blog a few days ago.  I’m not sure exactly what it means, but it sounds fun, so I’m all over it.  Be sure to go by and visit Deb – she has a wonderful blog.  And I discovered that Deb and I have a few things in common:  no broken bones, flying, soggy stuff, roller coasters, and Stevie Ray Vaughan (only I never got to see him perform).  The rules as Deb explained them are:

  • First, you have to tell your readers 10 things about you they may not already know, but are true.
  • Second, you have to tag 10 people with the award.
  • Third, you have to let the people you’ve given the award to know that they’ve received it.
  • Finally, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you.

So here goes: 

  1. Santa brought me a grown-up sewing machine for Christmas when I was 10.
  2. I don’t know how to cook.  Fortunately for me, my husband does.
  3. I don’t use a cell phone.  I own one, but it stays turned off, and in the bottom of my purse.  When it occasionally rings, I look around to see where the noise is coming from.
  4. I snore.
  5. I have never Twittered.
  6. Lizards terrify me.  I don’t like those little green frogs much, either.  Let’s just go ahead and say that any creature able to cling to a vertical surface makes me scream like a twelve-year-old girl. 
  7. I hate shopping.  Seriously.
  8. I attract stray cats.
  9. Brown is my favorite color.  Or so I’ve been told.
  10. I don’t know if I’m tone deaf, but when I sing, dogs howl.  Okay, they don’t howl.  They probably would if they were within earshot. 

Even though I haven’t been blogging very long, I’ve stumbled upon lots of blogs that I enjoy reading, and I’d like to present the Honest Scrap Award to these guys.  If you haven’t visited them before, stop by and tell them I said hello!

I would have tagged others, but I noticed they had already been tagged.  And I didn’t want to double-tag.  I hope I haven’t done that.  Wonder what happens if you receive too many Honest Scrap Awards? 

Hope you’re having a good week. 

Kim

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Nice to know just a little bit more about you, Kim. Oh my we have some similar traits, likes and dislikes. :-)

Danielle said...

This is fun! Thanks for tagging little ol' me! I can't seem to get the award pic to link though, any suggestions?

Sewing Granny said...

I hope you don't mind me coming by. I was looking at my friend Quilt Sue's blog and was curious.......I love your blog header, I love cats but do not keep any now...I have found your blog very interesting to read - thank you for publishing it.

Sewing Granny said...

Gosh! I have just seen the time that I published this comment - it's not that time here in the UK, it 11:27 am. and very hot 80f, I just hope it gets no hotter today!

Serena said...

Thanks for starting this! Danielle tagged me. Hopefully I'm not breaking tag etiquette but I posted for those who wanted to be tagged to tag themselves. I love so many blogs and want to know more about everyone whose blog I read. Maybe I should have put one of my ten comments as Can't follow Directions!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I got your e-mail and I've been tagged several times before for the same thing but I'll give it a try.

clare's craftroom said...

Congratulations on your award love your blog .

onlymehere said...

Hi, I'm Cindy and I found you through Quilt Hollow. I have to laugh at the cell phone comment bz I do the same things. I can't sing either but I love to and sing in the car. I've never Twittered and I really honestly hate shopping too, especially for clothes. Now a fabric store can suck me in but I don't particularly like spending money, LOL! I look forward to getting to know you more and I'll be back! Cindy

Cheryl said...

Thanks Kim, I feel honored. We are on vacation at the beach till tomorrow, but finally got an net connection today. Fun learning more about you and I will pass on the tag when I get home!! Happy 4th to you and your family.

SueR said...

Hi Kim, I'm so glad you enjoy reading my blog, but I have to beg off the tagging thing. I've been tagged a number of times before.... A husband who cooks is a beautiful thing! I wish I had never gotten a cell phone. I hate being hooked on technology. Never Twittered, never Facebooked, and never intend to!

Cathy said...

I loved reading about you! My kids tease me about my cell phone saying that I never answer it. Were we supposed to answer it also!?
Cathy