August 22, 2018

Civil War Reproduction Block Swap

When I last posted here, I had found an envelope full of signature blocks from a swap hosted by Melissa in 2009.  I intended to share a few layouts with you before sewing the blocks together, but I've had issues with Blogger that I'm hoping have been resolved.  In the meantime, I've been working on this little quilt, using blocks that were made from people all over the United States and beyond. 


It didn't take long to choose a layout.  I knew I wanted a zig-zaggy outer edge, so I arranged that first in EQ8.  Then I arranged the next rows to match the direction of the outer row ending up with an "X" in the center. 



Some of the blocks were a little wonky, but I thought I could fuss with the seam allowances when I sewed them together.  My rows started looking a little wonky, too, so I trimmed all the blocks to measure 3 1/4" instead of 3 1/2".  There were five blocks left over -- these were a little lighter than the rest of the blocks, so I'll probably applique them to the back of the quilt.  The fabrics I used for the inner border and binding aren't Civil War reproduction prints, but I was in the mood to finish the quilt, so I grabbed these from my stash.  They're older Brannock and Patek prints that I still love. 

As is always the case when I photograph a quilt, Psycho Kitty was right in the middle of things. 


Hope you have a great week!

Kim

12 comments:

Jocelyn said...

How cool is that! Love how the quilt turned out.

Vickie said...

Love how it turned out and seeing fabrics from the 2009 repo material. Love CW fabrics!

Karen said...

I remember making signature blocks like these but I don't think it was for this swap. Took you a while to make use of your blocks but they have made a special memory for you.

Jeanna said...

Oh I saw this first on IG and fell in love with it. Such a special project. I'm happy you finished it and shared.

الشركة الالمانية 0502531636 لمكافحة الحشرات ورش المبيدات بالرياض said...

ارقام شركات مكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
شركة المثالية للتنظيف الجبيل
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بجدة
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام

يحي سامي said...


شركة تنظيف منازل بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها
شركة تنظيف خزانات بخميس مشيط
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط

يحي سامي said...

شركة تسليك مجاري بخميس مشيط
شركة تسليك مجاري بابها
شركة تنظيف شقق بابها
شركة تنظيف منازل بابها
شركة تنظيف فلل بابها

Anonymous said...

يبحث الكثير من مالكي هواتف الأيفون عن طريقة إعادة ضبط المصنع للايفون بدون حذف البيانات حيث يريد الناس إعادة ضبط الهاتف لكي يعود بحالة جديدة بدون تهنيج مع عدم خسارة البيانات.

إعادة ضبط المصنع للايفون بدون حذف البيانات

webpocket said...

ما هي الالتهابات المهبلية
نحاول من خلال موقع رقيم التفريق بين التهاب المهبل الجرثومتهاب المهبل الفطري من خلال التعرف على الالتهابات المهبلية وأنواعها التي لا تستطيع الكثير من النساء التمييز بينها. سنتعرف أيضًا على الفرق بين التهاب المهبل الجرثومي والتهاب المهبل الفطري؟

تعد الالتهابات المهبلية من الأعراض غير الطبيعية التي تعاني منها المرأة وتجعلها تشعر بعدم الراحة والغثيان، وهذه من أهم أسباب هذه الالتهابات المهبلية: -

يمكن للمرأة أن تصاب بعدوى الخميرة، وهي من أهم أنواع الالتهابات المهبلية.
من الأسباب الرئيسية لالتهابات المهبل التعرض الواضح للبكتيريا المهبلية التي تسبب الألم وعدم الراحة.
عدوى المشعرات عبارة عن مزيج من البكتيريا والفطريات.
اقرأ ايضا : الفرق بين التهاب المهبل البكتيري والفطري

Anonymous said...

يمكنك شراء اشتراك بلايستيشن بلس شهر سعودي بأفضل سعر من متجر إشحنها الالكتروني. يمكنك زيارة موقعهم على الإنترنت والاطلاع على العروض المتاحة وشراء الاشتراك بسهولة وأمان. كما يتوفر لديهم خيارات دفع متعددة لتلبية احتياجاتك.


اشتراك بلس شهر سعودي

webpocket said...

How to Prepare for USMLE Step 1




step 1 content breakdown

romman said...

قميص نوم نسائي